One of our favorite dips is a simple combination of homemade salsa and light sour cream. We love making it with chile de Arbol salsa or salsa verde. The sour cream tones down the spice and allows you to get a hint of heat without letting the spice overpower the other flavors. It is a flavorful dip for chips and veggies and also makes a creamy spread for sandwiches and burgers.
- 1 cup salsa (such as chile de Arbol salsa or salsa verde)
- ¼ cup light sour cream, to taste
- Combine the sour cream and the salsa to make a smooth, creamy dip.
- Add as much or as little sour cream to reach your desired consistency.
- Serve it with chips, veggies and tortillas.