Sun, Apr 11, 2010
Print This Recipe
I have always loved s’mores. So when my sister told me about this idea, I knew I would like it. For us, s’mores weren’t for campfire settings only. I remember making them in the microwave with my Grandma, watching with amazement as the marshmallow ballooned and then quickly shrunk back to normal size as soon as we opened the microwave door.
S’more cookies are rich, gooey and easy to make. They are a fun twist on a classic campfire treat. Make the s’mores with the cookie of your choice (chocolate chip and peanut butter are both yummy options). Once you try one, you’ll be asking for…s’more.
- Cookies (such as chocolate chip or peanut butter), already baked
- Large marshmallows
- Hershey’s chocolate bar
- Arrange the cookies in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place two bars of Hershey’s chocolate on half of the cookies. (If you are going to leave the s’mores open-faced, place one bar of chocolate on all of the cookies.)
- Put a large marshmallow on top of the chocolate.
- Broil the cookies on low until the chocolate is soft and the marshmallow tops turn golden brown. They will cook quickly so watch them closely to ensure that the marshmallows don’t burn.
- Remove the cookies from the oven.
- Place the plain cookies on top of the broiled marshmallows and press down.
- Serve the s’mores immediately.