Salsa fresca is as flavorful as it is colorful. With every bite you are transported to the garden. You and your kids won’t even notice that it is loaded with vitamins and minerals.
The recipe is not a science. I never really measure anything but I’ve given estimates as a good starter recipe that you can adjust to your tastes. Add any mixture of peppers depending on how much zing you want your salsa to have. It goes well with tacos, nachos, omelettes, and more. To bring out the garden-fresh flavors, let it chill for a couple of hours.
- 3-4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro
- Squirt of lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Cover the salsa with plastic wrap and let it chill for several hours to bring out the flavors.