Tue, Dec 29, 2009
Print This Recipe
We use this marinade on flank steaks and flat iron steaks. It also makes a restaurant-quality teriyaki chicken. The key to the marinade is letting the meat marinate for at least several hours. You can do it up to 1-2 days in advance and if the meat marinates for this long the resulting steak will melt in your mouth just like candy.
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ginger, minced (You can substitute 1½ tsp ground ginger but I prefer fresh ginger.)
- ¼ cup oil (I use only 1-2 Tbsp which seems to be plenty.)
- Chopped green onion (optional)
- Marinate the meat for 4 or more hours.
- Broil the steaks for 5 minutes on each side or BBQ them until the meat is done.