Thu, Jan 28, 2010
Print This Recipe
Turn your leftover taco meat or fajita chicken into a brand new meal by making a light and refreshing salad with cilantro-lime vinaigrette. You can mix and match the salad ingredients of your choice, adding chopped veggies, beans and meat.
- ¼ cup chopped, seeded tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (Next time I am going to try reducing the oil content even further.)
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp grated lime rind
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp-1/4 tsp garlic powder, to taste
- Taco meat or chicken
- Lettuce or chopped spinach
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped bell peppers
- Shredded cheese
- Beans (I like to use a mix of black, pinto and garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- Avocado, sliced
- Light sour cream
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste if desired.
- Toss the cilantro-lime vinaigrette with the rest of the ingredients.
- Top the salad with avocado slices or guacamole and sour cream.
- Serve with tortilla chips, or steamed or grilled tortillas.
Adapted from a Cooking Light recipe.
Subscribe to Cooking Light: Cooking Light (1-year)