Mon, Jul 4, 2011
Print This Recipe
Happy 4th of July! Simply serve the cake of your choice with blueberries, strawberries and homemade whipped cream for an easy and festive red, white and blue dessert. I used an angel food cake because it is light and perfect for the heat of the summer.
- 1 Angel Food Cake or the cake of your choice
- ½ pint of whipping cream
- ½ – 1 tsp vanilla, to taste
- ½ Tbsp sugar, to taste
- Sliced strawberries
- 1-2 spoonfuls of sugar, to taste
- Slice the strawberries.
- Add a spoonful or two of sugar to the strawberries, cover them with plastic wrap and chill them in the refrigerator so that they get syrupy.
- Make the whipped cream by beating the whipping cream, vanilla and sugar on high until peaks form. If you beat the whipping cream until it is too stiff you can add more cream and continue beating. This is also a good trick if you are using leftovers the next day. Leftover whipped cream often starts to separate and lose its form. Simply add more cream (if need be) and whip it again.
- Cut the cake into individual servings.
- Top the cake with strawberries, whipped cream, and blueberries.