Sat, Jun 9, 2012
Print This Recipe
Rice Krispie treats are such an easy filler for parties and they are always a crowd-pleaser. To fit the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse birthday theme, I mixed in some Clubhouse-colored M&M’s and cut the marshmallow treats out with a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter.
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 40 large marshmallows or 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 2-3 large spoonfuls of marshmallow creme
- ½-3/4 cup red and blue M&M’s
- Combine the cereal and the M&M’s in a bowl and mix them well.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows to the melted butter and stir them constantly until they have completely dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the rice krispie cereal/M&M combo, working quickly to stir the melted marshmallows and cereal together before the marshmallow mixture starts to harden.
- Stir in a couple of spoonfuls of marshmallow creme to reach your desired consistency.
- Spread the mixture into a greased 9×13 pan.
- To prevent sticking, wet your hands with water or use a damp paper towel to press the rice krispie treats into the pan.
- Let the treats set for 15-20 minutes.
- Then use cookie cutters to cut them into Mickey Mouse icons.
- Store the treats in a sealed container or a Ziploc bag to prevent them from drying out.
You might also like:
Stars and Stripes Rice Krispie Treats
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Birthday Party