Tue, Jun 21, 2011
Print This Recipe
These yogurt pops are essentially a frozen version of our breakfast smoothies. This time I used a combination of frozen blueberries and blackberries but any berry or fruit combo will work. You can use fresh fruit when it is in season but you might want to reduce the amount of juice if it becomes too runny. Yogurt pops are my favorite Popsicles to make for my family because the yogurt adds some substance to the frozen treat. My toddler would eat these all day long and that’s not all that bad because he’s getting antioxidants, calcium and other healthy stuff from the fruit and yogurt. I don’t add sugar because they are plenty sweet from the berries and the juice but you can sweeten them with sugar or honey to taste.
- 8 ounces light vanilla or blueberry yogurt
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- ¾ cup orange juice
- Blend the yogurt, berries and juice.
- Pour the smoothie mixture into the Popsicle molds.
- Freeze the yogurt pops for several hours or until hard.