Thu, Sep 23, 2010
Print This Recipe
Fruit crisp is one of my favorite desserts because the oatmeal crumble on top adds a sweet crunch to each bite while allowing the fruit to remain the star of the dessert. I use whatever fruit is in season (apples, berries or peaches). This time I chose peaches for a grand finale of summer.
This crisp is easy to throw together at the last minute. Serve it warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream.
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 7-10 medium-sized peaches
- Peel, pit and slice the peaches.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the cut fruit in a greased baking pan. The size pan I use depends on how much fruit I have. I like to make the crisp so that it is several fruit slices deep.
- Cover the fruit with the oat-butter mixture.
- Bake it for 40 minutes at 350 degrees or until it is browned, the fruit is cooked and the juices are starting to bubble.