Sun, Jan 10, 2010
Print This Recipe
You can’t go wrong with soft and chewy peanut butter cookies topped with a chocolate kiss. These cookies are great for parties and gifts because they look festive and yet they’re easy to make.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Hershey's Chocolate Kisses
- Cream the sugar, butter and peanut butter.
- Add the egg and mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls.
- Bake the cookies on a greased baking sheet for 9-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove them from the oven and immediately press a Hershey’s kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Let them cool for 5-10 minutes on the pan and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
TIP: For a great resource regarding how to bake with butter, check out this New York Times article.