Wed, Jun 23, 2010
Print This Recipe
These peanut butter balls are the easiest snack to make and a sure way to serve your kids some protein and calcium. They are also sweet enough to be a satisfying dessert. And the best part is that kids of all ages can help make them. So, not only is it a great snack, it can turn into a fun family project in the kitchen, also.
I like making an assortment of balls, keeping some plain and rolling others in crushed Corn Flakes and coconut flakes. I envision trying them rolled in dark chocolate shavings at some point, too. You can serve them immediately or chill them so that they are cold and firm. Thanks to my nieces for showing me how to make them!
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup powdered milk
- Corn Flakes, crushed
- Coconut flakes
- Combine the peanut butter, honey and powdered milk in a bowl and stir until a smooth, creamy mixture is formed. You should be able to handle it without it sticking to your hands.
- If it is still sticky, add a little more powdered milk and blend it well.
- Then, let your kids help shape the peanut butter mixture into bite-sized balls (roughly one inch, or smaller).
- Roll them in crushed Corn Flakes or coconut flakes if desired.
- Store the peanut butter balls in a sealed container in the refrigerator.