Fri, Mar 18, 2011
Print This Recipe
This colorful treat is extremely easy and a great filler to help decorate a party table. You can use any color combo of chocolates to coordinate with your theme and you can use pretzel rods or standard pretzels. I made these for the treat table that I recently did for an Ariel birthday party. To match the theme, I used the same mix of colors that I used for the Ariel chocolate cupcake toppers. I also made them for my son’s Train birthday party, stacked in one of the train cake cars.
- Pretzel rods or standard pretzels
- Wilton’s Candy Melts, in the colors of your choice
- Sprinkles, optional
- Melt the colored chocolate in shallow bowls.
- Swirl one end of each pretzel rod into the melted chocolate, spooning chocolate over the end and down the sides to help completely coat one end of the pretzel.
- Place the chocolate-dipped pretzel rods in glasses to let the chocolate harden.
- If desired, sprinkle with sprinkles while the chocolate is still runny.
- Or wait for the chocolate to harden and then drizzle different colors of chocolate over the hardened chocolate.
- Return the pretzel rods to the glass to harden.