Fri, May 14, 2010
Print This Recipe
I like to make my own sausage so that I can control what goes in it as well as cater the spices to suit each dish. After many experiments, I have come up with the following base recipe but I alter it slightly depending on what I am cooking. This is a great sausage for pizzas and pasta. (I use it in my pizza pasta dish.)
By finely chopping the spinach and cooking it in the sausage, my son (along with the rest of us) consumes healthy leafy greens without even noticing!
- 1 pound ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1½ Tbsp chopped parsley
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped spinach
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- ¾ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp white wine
- Combine all of the ingredients.
- Lightly coat a pan with oil and heat it over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken sausage until it is browned and done, breaking it into small pieces with the spatula or spoon while it cooks.